Challenge: Three separately manufactured machine modules are combined to form a complete system. This requires definition and implementation of the communication interfaces between the machine modules. The machine modules are each equipped with two POWERLINK and two Ethernet interfaces.
Obstacles to overcome:
- Time-consuming: Describing and defining communication interfaces.
- Complex: Building, maintaining and troubleshooting separate networks.
Solution: Step-by-step integration of OPC UA into the machine modules. Modules described using PackML / OPC UA companion specification. Communication between the modules is made possible by controller-to-controller communication based on the OPC UA publish/subscribe mechanism.
- Uniform descriptions of interfaces and functions with PackML
- Cabling costs cut in half
- Simplified maintenance and diagnostics
- Reusable interfaces make it easier to scale machine variants
PackML for Industry 4.0 and IIoT
Build your own IIoT solution following these three steps:
- Connectivity: Choose the suitable Hardware or Lean.Solution Starter Kit
- Edge Data Processing: Add the Edge Client for Continuous Data Streaming
- Asset Monitor: Enable your IIoT Solution with the Data Processing Backend
Contact us if you need assistance to put your solution together.