Challenge: A machine consists of a number of modules, each with its own controller and interface. A higher level control system brings all the information together and makes it available to the machine operator.
Obstacles to overcome: Defining and programming interfaces is complex and time consuming. Incompatibilities can arise. In order for machine modules to be reused for other machine variants, they must be described manually. This is costly and prone to errors.
Solution: The machine modules and the higher-level controller with the communication interface for the machine operator are described in an OPC UA information model. The higher-level controller automatically merges the information models of the individual machine modules into a common OPC UA information model.
- Full machine model generated automatically
- Time and money saved throughout design, commissioning and maintenance
- More robust against errors thanks to a standardized module description
- Reusable interfaces make it easier to scale machine variants
Interconnecting Machines with Digital Twins
Build your own IIoT solution following these three steps:
- Connectivity: Choose the suitable Hardware or Lean.Solution Starter Kit
- Edge Data Processing: Add the Edge Client for Continuous Data Streaming
- Asset Monitor: Enable your IIoT Solution with the Data Processing Backend
Contact us if you need assistance to put your solution together.