Application: Monitor temperature and humidity inside machine control panels to optimize uptime and performance
Problems inside a machine control panel can often go unnoticed. Excessive heat or humidity can be indicative of potentially serious problems and may lead to a complete shutdown of equipment. Even the slightest rise above acceptable levels can have detrimental effects on the performance and longevity of components inside the cabinet and the entire machine. Over time, small problems can become major issues that impact machine performance and uptime.
Challenges: Machine location, access to the control panel, and spatial constraints inside the cabinet.
Solution: Temperature and Humidity Sensors, Wireless Nodes, a Wireless Tower Light, and a Wireless Controller (avaiable through our dedicated hardware bundles)
Temperature and Humidity Sensors are used to monitor conditions inside each control panel. Each sensor is directly connected to a self-contained, battery powered wireless node that easily integrates into a robust, scalable wireless network. Environmental information from inside each control panel is transmitted from the Wireless Nodes to a Wireless Controller, which logs the data and communicates status updates to other devices on the network. Using either the internal cellular module or a direct wired connection to the local area network (LAN), the Controller can send the collected data to a Cloud Webserver or PLC for remote monitoring and analysis. If conditions inside a panel are outside of operator-established parameters, theController will send an alert to the operator and support staff via text or email. Local indication of the problem is provided by the LED light on the Wireless Node, which will flash yellow as a warning and red as an alert if the problem persists or accelerates. A network-connected Wireless Tower Light in a central location receives status updates from the Controller and will provide high-visibility indication of any change in condition for each machine.
Benefits: Compact sensor and node pairing take up a minimal amount of space inside a control panel. Wireless communication enables remote access to environmental data.
- Temperature and Humidity Monitoring: Monitor multiple Wireless Temperature and Humidity Nodes.
- Warning and Alarms: User configurable settings for up to eight alerts per device with low and high levels for warnings and alarms on both temperature and humidity.
- Local Indication Lights: Local alert indication available by enabling lights on the Nodes: yellow = warning, red = alarm
- Remote Master Light: Utilize a wireless Tower Light or a Wireless Indicator as a master light to indicate any warnings or alarms.
- Alerts and Notifications: Generate SMS text and/or email alerts based on specific events
- Time Stamped Logging: Cyclical time-stamped logging available to monitor temperature, humidity and alerts over time.
- Cloud Monitoring: Push data to Cloud webserver or PLC (via LAN or cellular connection) for remote viewing, alerting, and logging
Environmental Monitoring inside a Machine Control Panel
Build your own IIoT solution following these three steps:
- Connectivity: Choose the suitable Hardware or Lean.Solution Starter Kit
- Edge Data Processing: Add the Edge Client for Continuous Data Streaming
- Asset Monitor: Enable your IIoT Solution with the Data Processing Backend
Contact us if you need assistance to put your solution together.