Challenge: Refrigeration requirements of today’s retail environments vary. Still, the need to prevent food waste, reduce energy consumption and maximize merchandising is a constant. The goal of this project was to determine a smart way to improve energy efficiency.
Obstacles to overcome: Integrating a mix of individual refrigeration brands; balancing customer comfort, food safety and sustainability.
- The system was launched to completely automate cooling and refrigeration units in convenience stores.
- All store functions can be managed from a remote location.
- Due to the success of the pilot store the solution has been subsequently rolled out nationwide.
- Within the first week of testing the system already achieved a 15% reduction in energy consumption.
Energy Management Solution for Retail Operations
Build your own IIoT solution following these three steps:
- Connectivity: Choose the suitable Hardware or Lean.Solution Starter Kit
- Edge Data Processing: Add the Edge Client for Continuous Data Streaming
- Asset Monitor: Enable your IIoT Solution with the Data Processing Backend
Contact us if you need assistance to put your solution together.