Challenge: Based on the high energy consumption in the die casting industry, a demonstrator had to be developed to show the savings and improvement potential of energy efficiency measures.
Obstacles to overcome: Minimizing the formation of load peaks and therefore optimizing the simultaneous use of many electrical devices.
- Processor enabled harmonization of the performance of the individual melting units and thus continuously improving the characteristic curve that results from the energy requirements of the individual melting units.
- Improved charging strategy for the melting furnaces while increasing the energy efficiency of the melting process. For this, a permanently high fill level of the furnace melting shaft is guaranteed in order to achieve optimal heat transfer.
- Utilizing advanced strategies in the delivery of the die casting machines. By recording the relative fill level of all die casting machines, delivery can be carried out as required.
Energy and Material Flow Model for Metal Die Casting
Build your own IIoT solution following these three steps:
- Connectivity: Choose the suitable Hardware or Lean.Solution Starter Kit
- Edge Data Processing: Add the Edge Client for Continuous Data Streaming
- Asset Monitor: Enable your IIoT Solution with the Data Processing Backend
Contact us if you need assistance to put your solution together.