Challenge:Through digitalization, the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and cloud applications, it is now possible to monitor machines in the field and evaluate their performance. For machine builders, these newfound capabilities open up exciting new possibilities. If they can analyze the productivity, energy consumption and key performance indicators of the machines they have sold, what they want to know is whether they can use all this knowledge to offer new services and establish new business models.
Obstacles to overcome:Remote access only shows you what can be seen on the machine's HMI screen. What a cloud solution can do is much deeper and more significant: it can provide information about the condition and performance of the machine.
Solution:Collect machine data around the clock, aggregate, analyze and displays it in a clearly organized dashboard. This makes it easy for the user to keep track of machines – anytime, and anywhere.
- Global view of their entire asset fleet
- Transparency across all asset through detailed and aggregated information
- Identify weaknesses and make targeted improvements to the machine
- Integration of thrid-party services (e.g. weather data) to improve overall asset performance
Asset Management for Block-Type Thermal Power Station
Build your own IIoT solution following these three steps:
- Connectivity: Choose the suitable Hardware or Lean.Solution Starter Kit
- Edge Data Processing: Add the Edge Client for Continuous Data Streaming
- Asset Monitor: Enable your IIoT Solution with the Data Processing Backend
Contact us if you need assistance to put your solution together.